I never thought I would be so excited about moving...and dreading every minute of it. Brian and I have finally found a place where we feel will give our kids the 'adventure' little kids need...picking up rocks, running in grass, watching the fire in the fireplace at Christmas time. We found a home to rent in Fallbrook, CA. It's about 25 miles north of where we live now, and the scenery is much quieter. I've attached some pictures so I can always remember my excitement when I found this listing and just happened to driveby when the Landlord was there wrapping up some cleaning chores. I brought Brian back that same night for a tour and 2 weeks later (although it feels like it's been a month) we were approved. The whole process was like a grueling job interview.
What do we get...
rose bushes
lime trees
garden
3 bedrooms
2-car garage
dead end street
and enough room to grow while we're there.
Now it's time to do some de-junking. 3 years of accumulation must be weeded through. That part...I am NOT looking forward to. I'm also not looking forward to
friends that are now 40 minutes away!
the beach that is now 50 minutes away
a release in my YW calling
It's the first time I have ever put 'family first' that has a result that seems to 'uproot' everything else in my life that is good and constant. It's exhilaratingly depressing. The Lord has answered our prayers, but I look forward to His strength to help me adjust to new surroundings (again)
Saturday, August 15, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

12 comments:
Congratulations! I am excited for you guys. The backyard will be great for your kids.
SO happy and sad for you at the same time!!! When are you moving? Let us know when you want some help! :)
Don't worry just try and think a few weeks from now you will be in your new house...that's what kept me going ;)
Ah, Nat I'm so exciteed for you! It will be totaly worth it. Your new home looks lovely. Good luck!
I think it is truly healthy what you are doing for your family! The pros far outweigh the cons! Cute place!
Exciting!!!! I love moving because you feel like you have accomplished something and are 50 lbs lighter once you get rid of all the junk that magically appeared! It's a great way to clean house! No worries though Nat- you are such a happy person you will definitely find friends fast in your new ward!
I am so glad you posted some pics of the new house...very cute!! I am sad you are leaving, but it will be such a good thing for the family and especially the growing kiddos!
I am SO excited for you! You will make great friends there too, I know! Although we will miss you guys! (BTW, I found your blog from Rachel!)
congrats on having a little homestead of your own! that is exciting and stressful and a million different emotions, but once your in there and make it your own...it's priceless. i hope all goes well! miss you guys!
Wow, I am excited for you too. We are going to be moving soon too. So you can sympathize with us and we with you. Congrats on the new location.
Love the pictures of your new place. It will be so nice for the children. Your just a littl closer, by what 30 miles to us. :)>
Natalie- Hi! I didn't know you had a blog. I like your background. :) Do you know what ward you will be in? My father-in-law is the Bishop of the Fallbrook 5th Ward. Email me at mandmkolb@hotmail.com and I will invite you to our blog!
Post a Comment