Sunday, June 27, 2010

5 days without my dishwasher

If I were to live without a dishwasher for the remainder of my days I would do the following:
1. Drink with a straw (eliminating the need to scrub around the rim)
2. Grill all of my food (no pots and pans to clean)
3. use plastic IKEA-ware for dinnerware (can't break in the sink)

and lastly...if it were possible...after doing a prescrub getting all the of 'food' off the dishes, I would soak my dishes in Clorox, rinse and dry.

Tomorrow my dishwasher will be re-installed. So lucky me doesn't have to 'adapt' to these changes. But it's nice to know that I've been thinking about it!

4 comments:

Elder and Sister Hale said...

hee hee! Personally I would live off of paper products! Forget washing in the sink...yuck!

Sarah said...

Isn't it wonderful to have a dishwasher! I think I would live off of paper products too. Landfill be darned. :)

The Walker clan said...

You are brave! I'm a huge fan of summer for this reason...paper products, bbq, and only (hopefully) outside clean up :) I'm not a very good reduse reuse recycle kind of person in the summer ;)

Hale Family said...

Oh, I'm so sorry about your big mess! That is no fun. Hopefully it gets fixed really fast. We are excited to see you this weekend!