Thursday, April 16, 2009

April 11th



This April 11, 2009 the sun was shining, though there was a cold wind gusting from the ocean. Brian, myself, Ethan & AJ had Easter festivities all day...but in the back of my mind my sweet father-in-law's memory burned bright. One year ago today the door between earth and heaven opened and welcomed a righteous son, husband, father, and grandfather back home. I was reading a talk this morning by David B Haight. Though this quote is from his talk "Be a Strong Link" I can hear Dad echoing these very words to us.

"I know that God lives. I know that He loves us. He loves us just as we love our children and our posterity. We now have 65 great-grandchildren, and of course we’ll have more on their way. We love them all, and we hope that the chains and the links in our family will be strong, and that our children will be blessed. We’re proud of all of them and pray that they will grow up with the strong knowledge and the feeling that I have regarding God, that He lives, that He’s our Father, and that all of this work is under His direction and that of His Son, who is our Savior, Jesus the Christ. This is the Church of Jesus Christ restored to the earth in these latter days. I know it is true."

Thank you Dad for wonderful, wonderful memories. We love you, miss you, and promise you we'll be a strong link in the family.


Family photo taken October 2007

4 comments:

The Walker clan said...

Good looking group!!! Wow I can't believe it's been a year. That went fast. I can't imagine how fast it's gone for Raymond :) You'll all be together before you know it. :) What a wonderful man he was and what a wonderful son he gave to our family. We love you all!

Hazen5 said...

What a sweet tribute to your Father-in-Law! I know he is looking down upon your sweet family and is very proud of what he sees.

Elder and Sister Hale said...

That was a wonderful memorial of your father-in-law. Life is so fragile, isn't it? Silent and vocal prayers go up from us thanking Heavenly Father for our Dad being healthy...

Chad and Kristina said...

So I was totally blog hopping and found your family blog--remember us from the student ward in Logan!! How are you guys! You have a beautiful family--I'm so glad things worked out for you!! Thanks for being a wonderful visiting teaching partner!
Chad and Kristina Kirby