General Conference followed that weekend, and was truly wonderful. It seems that the tough questions are always answered, hope is always restored, and a renewal of commitment to 'try a little harder to be a little better' burns inside. It is a 'perfect weekend that happens twice a year' as I've heard it referenced. And it was. (Nap and talks :) Brian attended what we hope will be a long standing tradition that follows the priesthood session. All elders gather to eat BBQ pulled-pork sandwiches after the session. Super yummy since the pork has been in the crock-pot for 6+ hours! Funny...there's never been enough to bring home to let me eat (this was the 3rd roast we've cooked since living here) But it's good guy time and Brian really enjoys it, EQ Pres or not.
I took AJ for her 2 month Dr. appointment. She weighs 10lbs, 1 oz. The doctor and I discussed a couple of hemangiomas that we've spotted and I just need to keep an eye on them, alerting her doctor if I notice an increase in size. Ethan was with us, and I was nervous about her getting shots and him reacting. I should have just paid all attention to AJ. She cried harder than she ever has (Ethan didn't make a peep) but quickly recovered when she discovered she wasn't going to die. (the happiest feeling in the world, I'm sure.) I've resumed drinking milk, and though she has become a 'bib baby' because of her constant hiccups, and spitups she doesn't cry in agony anymore. I hope she'll continue to improve as she gets older. Ethan did...though it took me a little longer to discover it was probably the lactose in the milk that was causing his discomfort. Most babies just can't handle it when they're first born. The NP AJ's been seeing said that most babies live their first 6 months of life in pain because of what they're digesting. Welcome to earth little one!
Ethan and Annabella playing 'tornado'
Ethan is counting how much money he has for college...just about enough!
a full 1/2 hour of play:
28:58 minutes to build
5 minutes of play (that overlapped the 'building time')
1 minute to take a picture
2 seconds to destroy (after the picture was taken)
I love this kid! And we did have fun..just me and him

3 comments:
Nat, I'm sorry to hear about your dad but I hear that Prostate cancer is one of the most treatable, and it sounds like he is getting good care. I'm so glad to get to keep up with your cute little family.
I love the "tornado" picture! Memories :) What collage in CA lets you in for only a few dollars?...Blake will go there to get his masters ;) Fun California times at your house.
So that's what it's called when their bedrooms look like that..Tornado! I had no idea they were reenacting a terrible storm..totally makes sense now! Maybe I'll be a little more patient with this constructive playing since it does happen quite often..except ours involve swords, guns, action figures, cars, legos, bakugons, well pretty much everything and I have to say, "REALLY?! SERIOUS?!?!?"
LOVE your picture at the top of your blog in their Easter attire!!
Post a Comment