Earlier in November I took the kids to the mall to browse the Christmas items and Santa was there. I took them for a visit and their reactions were ones that I anticipated...anxiety, fear, tears...the works. I took a picture anyway so I could have at least one photo in case we didn't run into Santa again this year.
But what do you know...all of the talk I've been giving Ethan, with help from some movies and songs such as, "Santa Claus is Coming to Town" when we found Santa at the mall again this past Saturday...we took another turn at it. This time Ethan needed to tell Santa what he wanted...A New Lightening McQueen and tools. AJ still didn't appreciate this warm, fuzzy, fellow. However, I was very pleased that Ethan (though not making eye contact, and looking away each time he finishes talking to Santa) has made some fabulous progress warming up to a man who will shower him with gifts, even if he wouldn't smile for the camera or act overly excited.
Monday, December 7, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
I love your header Natalie--and those cute piggies! And your kids are darling and delicious! Happy Holidays to you!!
Oh so cute!!! You have to have "one of those pictures" with a crying child on Santa's lap or it's just not normal! :)
Oh I love it!! I definately have pictures with everyone except Alakai crying or looking VERY nervous on Santa's lap. At least your santa was jolly. Ours did NOT smile once...grrrr..
Post a Comment