Monday, June 6, 2011

AJ vs. Rootbeer

Tonight we were delivering a meal to a friend of ours who just became a new mom. Of course we're late in getting the meal to them, so as I'm gathering the food, I'm calling out to the kids to get in the car. AJ enters the garage and then Ethan. When I hear the door to the garage open I hear a spraying sound. For a moment I'm confused thinking AJ must be washing her hands in the bathroom. Then Ethan reenters the house calling for me and I can still hear this spraying sound. I call out to him, "Where's AJ?" He responds, "we need you, quick!" My hands are full of the food as I run to see what's happened. All I hear is AJ crying and a loud spraying noise. Has the water heater popped a leak?! That was the only 'liquid' sound I could imagine coming from the garage.
When I reach the door and fling it open AJ is dripping wet...soaked, really...with a busted can of hot rootbeer. So is the side of the van and the floor, but it looks like AJ got the brunt of the angry can. Was she trying to open it? Probably! She's crying about how scared she is as I lift her up into the van and fasten her in her seat. No time to change...! She cries round trip, "Mom! I'm scared of the drink! (sob sob) It was really funny, but she really was traumatized, so I couldn't laugh out loud until she had calmed down a bit. Annie Jane...you are always on the look out for adventure!

1 comment:

Elder and Sister Hale said...

What a funny thing to have happen! I tell ya, exciting things are always around the corner for your household as long as A.J. is around!!!!