Monday, April 12, 2010

Family Home Evening Moment

Tonight was our 7th FHE in a row. (we're on a roll!) Usually, it lasts 15 min. (tops!) and our lessons are taken from the nursery lesson book. Tonight it was my turn to teach, and given Ethan was sick all day, I hadn't prepared/reviewed the nursery book. So, I borrowed what our Primary Pres. had taught as sharing time to the junior primary: The First Vision. To begin, we walked all around the room (going to different churches). Then Ethan repeated James 1:5 (as I read it to him), then we were "tall, like the trees in the sacred grove" with our branches waving, and birds were singing, and the sun was shining, the flowers were growing, and it was a beautiful morning. Then we knelt, like Joseph Smith did, and I said to Ethan, "Then it was bright...so so bright" and we shielded our eyes because it was so bright! I asked him, "Ethan, do you know why it was so bright?"
Ethan: Yes
Me: Why?
Ethan: Because Heavenly Father and Jesus came.
Me: Yes, Ethan....that's right! because Heavenly Father and Jesus came.

Tonight was a very special FHE.

3 comments:

The Walker clan said...

I love it when it "clicks" !!! I feel so successful in my leasons too! Now on to trying to get Trisha (AJ) to understand and listen ;)

Jen said...

Wow! What a great way to present the First Vision. I'm so glad that it worked for you.

Elder and Sister Hale said...

so sweet! FHE is just meant to happen, isn't it.