Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Some recent conversations with Ethan

Conversation 1:
Ethan: Mom? You're putting your hair down???
Me: (Taking my hair out of a pony tail) Yes, I am.
Ethan: Yay! I love your hair down! (Clapping follows)

Conversation 2:

Ethan: What are you doing?
Me: Getting the baby clothes ready to take to Auntie Erika. She's going to have a new baby
Ethan: oh! Just like Angela?
Me: Yes. Just like Auntie Angela.
Ethan: Is she going to take her shirt off to get the baby out?
Me: um...yep.
Ethan: Oh, and then put her shirt back on?
Me: Yep.

Don't we all wish it were that simple?

Conversation 3:
Ethan: Mom, I don't want you cleaning all day!
Me: I haven't cleaned for a month, Ethan. I don't want to live in a dirty house all of the time.
Ethan: I do!

Conversation 4:
I want to hear Daddy's heartbeat.
(He puts his head on Brian's chest)
"I can't hear it!"
"Daddy's heart is lost!"

5 comments:

Rob and Erika said...

hahaha that was so freaking cute!! Seriously that boy just makes me laugh! I thought all you did to have a baby was just to take off your shirt...you mean there's more??? crap. :)

bamatamb said...

Ha! He's funny. Tess is just now getting old enough that she's asking more about how babies get out of their mothers' tummies. She won't accept my usual answer: The doctor helps take it out. Now she's saying "but, HOW?" (Thankfully she hasn't been asking about how they got in there to begin with!)

The Walker clan said...

I love it! I need to be better at writing Kendra's conversations down :) Ethan you ROCK!!! Hope your wife has it that easy!

Elder and Sister Hale said...

I love that you write these moments down...hundreds of conversations are lost to a distant memory that I will never recover. Darn! Those are darling exchanged words between you two.

Ginny Tanner said...

I just can't believe how big your kids are! They are so adorable. Don't kids say the funniest things?!?!
Adam and I were just talking about Settlers of Catan the other day and how Brian would always win.:) We miss you guys!