Sunday, May 23, 2010

Sandbox Project

When we moved here we acquired a wooden box that movers would put a TV in to keep from being banged up. Our TV is much to old to fit into such a slim box, but I was determined to keep it and 'make something'! (Sometimes, I just can't 'let things go') It sat in our garage for over 8 months...while I dreamt up what it could be. After months of contemplation, and hours spent at the park playing in the sand... I knew what it was supposed to be: a sandbox. It became my project while Brian was in New Jersey. I sanded the edges, corners, rough spots to minimize any splinter possibilities. Sprayed a sealer on it to keep it from rotting when exposed to the rain/sprinklers, drilled holes in the bottom and put landscape fabric down to let the water drain out, but also to keep the ants from coming in from beneath.
I didn't paint it, or make it pretty, but I'm still excited about it.

who needs sand?
When Brian and Ethan came home from camping on Saturday, we took a trip to the hardware store and bought the sand.
250lbs of sand later = two happy, sandy kids.

2 comments:

Elder and Sister Hale said...

sand boxes are the best! Sand in the house after playing in the sand, not the best...oh well, love it anyways!

The Walker clan said...

Look at you mrs martha stewart! How fun!!! I think it's a perfect size and it's portable (sorta) :)