Friday, May 21, 2010

Girls Night/Boys Night

Tonight was Ethan & Brian's Fathers and Sons camp out at Oak Grove National Park. Brian flew in from New Jersey at noon...reported to work...went to the doctor...came home, ate dinner...and left again with a VERY excited little boy. I kept prepping Ethan that 'when Dad comes home, you're going to go camping with him' His little enthusiasm helped Brian keep on track to getting out the door for another night 'away from home'. Making one last bathroom trip he was washing his hands when he asked me, "Mom...I don't know! Will there be toys there or not?" I said, 'no, not toys, but lots of trees, and you'll get to sleep outside!' "Oh...there will be beds!" was his reply.

rosy cheeks!

snake caught by the boys

Annie Jane and I had our little girls night out. It happened quick, as AJ is a wiggle worm. BUT...I did accomplish what I set out for :) . . . painted toenails/fingernails :) It's silly because I didn't even have a bright color to paint with. It kindof dampened the initial excitement I was anticipating from her watching me. She probably couldn't even tell what I was doing, as the color was more like a peachy color. Oh well, it was just the two of us and there were girly things to do! But Brian has the camera and so there won't be any shots of pretty toenails/fingernails. PINK toenail polish is on the list to buy at Target, next time I go.

2 comments:

Elder and Sister Hale said...

How fun! Our ward hasn't done a fathers/sons outing for 4-5 years now! It's a great opportunity to split up and do the fun boyish/girlie things, huh! LOVE the snake, by the way...absolutely no scared reactions from Ethan?! Wow! We found a small, baby Rattlesnake by our camper in Moab...not the same reactions...

The Walker clan said...

What fun!!! We have a lot of Girl night's with one boy but poor daddy has to keep up the princess look :) I bet it was fun to spend one on one time for both of you.