Sunday, June 14, 2009
Getting to UT
The first half of June Ethan, AJ & I went to UT. Brian joined us on June 11 for Emilee & Will's wedding. It was a fast decision...going without Brian. But my dear friend, Lee, was driving with her 4 kids and graciously accepted my proposal that I ride with her (with my 2 kids) That Suburban was packed! They were endlessly patient as I had to stop to nurse AJ and provide plenty of potty breaks for Ethan. We made it to Glendale, NV (in between LV and Mesquite) before the fun really began! After a potty/nursing break we were loaded back in the car....it took Lee a couple of times to get the Suburban started (uh-oh!). As we passed Mesquite the "Check Engine" light came on. We were heading into the canyon on I-15 where I knew there would be no cell phone reception. We said a prayer that the car would get us through the canyon. We were blessed with safety and once we received cell phone coverage we called the dealership. He advised us to get to a local dealership asap. Thank goodness there was one immediately off the first exit. 3+ hours later...which included a 10 minute walk to McDonald's for dinner and a new fuel pump, we were back on the road again (thank goodness for warranties and extended service hours). Lee and I commented to each other at practically the same time (as we were closing in on McDonalds) that we were glad we weren't making this trip alone, and that we had each other to help out with all of these kids! It was a super long drive, but the company was great. The cutest thing I heard was from Caleb T, "When is the sun going to go down?" (This was after I explained that we wouldn't 'get there' until the sun went down...I thought it would be easier to understand than the 'eternal mileage' or 'hours' tactic) We pulled into my driveway at 12:30AM.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment