The night was filled with laughter and love. Just as a wedding should be!
The following morning was the sealing. There were so many people in the sealing room that everyone has to squish together on the seats (except for the witnesses -which included Brian- and myself and Grandpa Felt). I happened to be the first in the room with Brian (as he was a witness) and therefore had the first seat next to the wall. Grandpa Felt sat next to me, and then everyone else 'squished' in. They brought in 6 extra benches. It was hot. What a blessing it is to have temples on this earth. The eternal significance of it all seems hard to understand still. But to think of it any other way ('till death do us part') leaves me with nothing more than an empty pit in my stomach. How grateful I am that my faith includes 'eternity'...even if my understanding of it is elementary. Will & Emilee looked radiant, joyful, and euphoric.
We enjoyed the reflection pond while we waited for the happy couple to take their pictures (so many pictures!) The boys splashed their hands in the water, and if it wasn't for Brian holding Ethan's shirttail and pants, he would have gone in headfirst and swam. He was quite upset at Dad for not letting him!
Another highlight of the day was when Brian glanced over to one of the many bride & grooms on the grounds and then turned to me and said, "Natalie, look. Isn't that..." But I didn't hear the rest of the question. I was running toward Becky Homer and Brian Pierce and probably sent her heart skipping a beat because I was filled with such excitement over seeing her (on her wedding day, too!) I'm sure she thought, "She's going to run me over!" There are moments when you have had great, great friends in your life that you think, "I wonder what they're up to...". Well of all the ways to fill in the blank for that question! I admit it took me a minute to place Brian Pierce's association. Only because I couldn't remember if he was from my singles ward life, or high school. I'm including a picture of them (even though they're in the background). I need to get a hold of them because their photographer took a picture of us together...that would be a fun one to have! Congratulations to you both! Now there's another reason to attend your high school reunions AND a singles ward! So many friends to share your life with! Oh, the hours of laughter we have shared together! What a great day!

2 comments:
What a fun day! I've never seen Emilee look so dang happy! Awesome!
I love weddings!!! I could totally see Will and Emilee doing something like this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g8DCt3Lmi28
Post a Comment