Friday, March 20, 2009

One fat lip!




One more event for the week...Ethan got his first fat lip. We made it almost 2 years!!! AJ & I were heading out to YW, and Brian and Ethan walked with us out to the garage. It's quite a hike...we go down our flight of cement/rock/evil stairs and walk the sidewalk to the other end of the building, and then climb another flight of sidewalk cement stairs. Our garage is not too far away from there, but Brian and I have both waited for the day when these stairs would make their move and injure our little tyke. We should have been more worried about his two feet walking on flat ground. Okay...that's not fair, he fell on the part of the street where there's a slight incline. I didn't see the fall, but his lip was sure bloody. As was his shirt...his hands (from touching his lip)...and Brian's shirt... I've never done super well with the sight of blood, although I think I've improved GREATLY over the years. And somewhere deep inside of me I felt the familiar feeling of needing to put my head between my legs (especially since Brian was there and completely able to take care of things) but I made it through...I was able to hand Brian a Kleenex AND a wipe before I got in the car...safely sitting down! I got home that night and went in to check it out (Ethan was sleeping). I wiped medicine on his lip with a Q-tip (right before he smeared it on his pillow as he turned his head) and in the morning it was much better. So the pictures are actually taken the day after. He was a trooper though...mom and dad didn't freak out (externally) so neither did he, and he didn't cry for long; Dad's arms are a safe and secure place to be. And he definitely couldn't keep his curious hands from touching his newly fattened lip.

3 comments:

Elder and Sister Hale said...

Even with a fat lip, my kids and I say, what a cutie!! Brace yourself for worse concerning the blood thing...It's only just begun! Sorry Ethan for your boo boo.

The Walker clan said...

So did it really bleed that much?...coming from a person who doesn't like the sight of blood sometimes it can be exagerated a bit :) J/K I'm sorry Eathan and mommy for witnessing it.

The Cristiano Family said...

boo boo's make kids look tough :)