Friday, March 20, 2009



Well, I decided to write once a week...but I'm convinced it'll be more often because I have so much to say about what's happened. Maybe this week was just 'extra busy' . . . after all it was St Patrick's day on Tuesday!
Since having 2 kiddos has eliminated my ability to dedicate one day to cleaning, my current cleaning plan is to set aside a couple of mornings (until 10:00am) to clean particular rooms. (My house isn't very big to begin with, but for some reason it's impossible to clean it very fast :) And so this past Monday I cleaned Ethan's room and our 2nd bathroom. Ethan is usually very good about keeping busy...as any 2 year old is...but that morning he seemed particularly onery and 'needing' me. Since I was just about done cleaning the bathtub I put him off 'for one more minute.' Ethan was dragging his blanket around the house, and I noted that he just laid down on the floor in the bathroom. I thought I was hurrying...but when I turned to see if he was feeling alright...he was sleeping! The poor kid. Naps on Sunday are usually too short, so Mondays are sometimes 'catch-up' days. Apparently he desperately needed to catch-up. I picked him up and put him in his bed. If he was going to take a nap before and during lunchtime, I wanted to at least provide a way where he would sleep as long as possible, since this was my only shot at him taking a nap. We had lunch around 3:00 that afternoon!

2 comments:

Elder and Sister Hale said...

I've always used the phrase, "I'm so tired, I could sleep under a steering wheel." I'm changing it to, "I'm so tired, I could sleep on the bathroom floor!" Cuz you'd have to be pretty tired to settle down there! (or two years old AND tired)

The Walker clan said...

I still think it has to do with the whole day-light-savings-time cause Kendra has been so tired in the mornings lately and there hasn't been a change in bedtime. Maybe he wanted to settle down next to Annie.