Friday, May 29, 2009

First Fathers & Sons campout!

I just sent off my 2 year old and husband to their first (of many, I hope) Fathers & Sons camping trip. Oh, how I would love to be invisible and watch them both!

We were prepping Ethan last night and this morning that he would be 'sleeping outside', going 'bye-bye' with Dad, 'Mom's staying home with AJ', etc. When Brian walked through the door all Ethan had to say to me was, "BYE!" while waving his hand. I barely got a kiss from him as he was running out the door.

I told Brian to take at least 1 picture (sometimes cameras are easily forgotten with all the fun!) preferably with both of them in it. Tonight it's just me and AJ ...another start of fun traditions as moms and daughters...too bad she just fell asleep on the floor.

4 comments:

Sarah said...

:) I love this! Bryan really wanted to go, but after coming up with myriad of different solutions to get him and Linky up there, it just wouldn't have worked out. Bryan's commercial accounts are all scheduled for this weekend and next! {sigh}
We were all seriously so bummed. :(

Susan Hale said...

This is a dying activity here in Utah. Our stake doesn't do it anymore that I know of. It was one of the highlights of the year for Dad and your brothers growing up but they had to be pottied trained to go. I don't hear anything about Daddy-daughter dates anymore either. Keawe and Laura have that covered with their one-on-one dates with their kids.
Too bad Annie is too young to understand the joy of girl's night.
I can hardly wait to hear/read about it.

Katie Harding said...

How fun!!!! Eric said he wants a son now, so that he can go on fun camp-outs like this! Hope everything goes well. Ethan's Awesome. I'm sure he just loved it! Can't wait to see pic(s)!!!!

The Walker clan said...

How fun! Don't tell Blake about the fun...he'll have to settle for the daddy-daughter dates for now. Cute Ethan already to go! Didn't have to convince him of the fun he'll have ;)